Official CVCS School Dress Code
Approved May 13, 2009
Wearing appropriate clothing to school promotes a positive, productive
learning environment. Students are expected to follow the CVCS school
dress policy as stated in the CVCS Parent and Student Handbook. Please
address all questions about the policy to the administrator.
- Solid colored, striped, or plaid shirts, blouses, or dresses
with collars and sleeves (small logos are acceptable)
- Pants, capris, jumpers, shorts, skirts, and skorts of a single
solid color or plaid (no blue or black denim jeans)
- Walking shoes (no flip-flops, heelies, high heels, untied
Limited resources are available for
families who need financial assistance with the purchase of clothes to
comply with the dress code.
CVCS will accept donations of
used/outgrown school clothing in good condition that can be passed on
to other families.
The following clothing
and accessories are not appropriate:
- Athletic clothing even for PE (t-shirts, sweat pants, spandex,
fleece and knit pants)
- Clothing with holes, rips, ragged edges, etc.
- Shorts, skirts, skorts, dresses, jumpers shorter than fingertips
when arms are held straight down
- Gang-related attire
- Pants with low-hanging crotches, or those worn below the hip bones
- Tight or see-through clothing
- Excessive piercing or tattoos
- Visible undergarments
- Hats, caps, or bandanas worn indoors except for religious or
- Spiked jewelry, chains, or dangling earrings longer than 1.5 inches